Would you like to have authentic German cultural input in your school? Through the Host a Teacher from Germany programme, your school can host a German teacher for two or three weeks during the academic year, at no cost.
The UK-German Connection is now accepting offers from UK schools to host teachers from Germany in 2016-17 – Deadline: 21 September 2016
All schools and FE colleges from the whole of the UK can take part. The UK coordinating teacher does not need to be a teacher of German, and German does not need to be on the school’s curriculum; visiting teachers are either teachers of English or have good knowledge of the English language.
- A fresh injection of German culture into the school, with the possibility of special sessions for pupils
- Joint thematic learning: both sides are able to benefit from discussing educational and curricular themes together and gain a new perspective
- The visit helps to broaden horizons, break down any existing prejudices, and increase pupils’ intercultural awareness and understanding
- Linguistic teaching support: pupils and teachers are able to practise their German speaking and gain confidence in conversing in the language
- Discussion and reflection: teachers gain new insight into the German education system, discuss educational issues and are able to reflect on current practice
- A chance to discuss and develop a potential partnership for future project activities
Click here for more details.