All Hallows School, Penwortham
Pupils studying German at All Hallows had the opportunity to go on school trip to Berlin. Find out about what they did and what they learned here.
Cardinal Newman College Preston
In 2014, the students of Cardinal Newman College went on an exchange to Freiburg. Find out about their beneficial experience here.
Hutton Grammar School, Preston
Düsseldorf Trip – March 2015
Having studied German for one and a half years in Years 7 and 8, Year 8 pupils at Hutton were excited to put what they had learnt into practice. Read more here...
NWGN Enrichment Review 2014-15:
- UKLO (run by Prof R. Hudson, University of London) and EU-sponsored ‘Young Translators’ competitions were well supported by our Yr. 2 Germanists
- German colleague Uschi Walter set up and registered all our Germanists to her interactive ‘wikispaces’ page for German conversation practice (a bit like a Kaffeekränzchen)
- e-partnership set up with a Berufskolleg in Dülmen in which our AS and A2 Germanists received an e-partner with whom to skype, e-mail and chat on Facebook; in the wake of this, Berufskolleg tutor Frau Reimer is coming over in Nov. 2015 to involve us in her ERASMUS project
- we launched a ‘German Essay’ competition to Yr 10 students at St Michael’s CE High School, Chorley, in which about 30 pupils participated, receiving certificates and prizes.
- at the end of the summer term, we had 4 film showings for AS Germans: Die Welle, Lola rennt, Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei and Das Experiment, followed by lively discussions!
- our German Academy ran weekly in both years (AS & A2), encouraging high-achieving students to refine their translational and grammatical skills.